Lately, we've been pretty busy.

I've been making the sound engine, we made a new physics engine, and Daniels been hard at work on the graphics engine.

We've also decided to restructure the gameplay engine.

Here's some of our updates we've posted to our Google+ group:

"God. I can't stop laughing. xD

Me and Brayden decided that I should remake the collision detection and handling, and I'm currently stuck for several hours in school waiting for my turn to review my coding homework. I had code lying around from some old projects that I polished, modified and reused for this and it went a bit faster to put it together than I thought.

To test it I created a very small map 20x20 with 1000 units in it to test performance in a crowded area. In addition to running at over 100 FPS, I found the ability to just plow through them and push them over the edge of the map so goddamn amusing. Of course I, uh, had to test the new physics thoroughly so I've been doing that for almost an hour now, and it's still hilarious.


"Hey guys. Tooled around with the sound engine tonight.

It was built to fused in with Daniel and I's engine as a library, so I've built it up to match his coding and also be highly modular.

These modular features include fully custom codecs, utilizing an interface to allow for people who use our engine in the future to build completely custom parsers for the sound engine, and then load them in as if I had made it myself.

On top of this, it's extremely basic and I can call sounds easily, and also modify the placement of everything easily. 

It's also extremely efficient. 

Tonight I built a simple WAV parser Codec, and loaded in a sound from the game. It played quickly and worked fantastically.

This weekend if I have time, I'll be working on the 3d positioning and also adding in a Codec for OGG files. After that, I'll be adding some external loader threads for longer sounds so that they can be built into the game quickly, along with streaming functions. Then it will be able to be plugged into the game.

Sorry about my lack of updates. I've been really busy, but after tomorrow I'll be back and be updating as per usual."

"Here's an update from Daniel and I. It was originally a planning document, but you guys should be able to see it too."

Me and our new modeler also did some concept work for MORS, and refined his design more. Finally, here's some concept work:

Well I got Daniels new dungeon renderer half way working.

I finished up the menu system, and it's good to go.

I also added what I'm calling the "mega dash". You can double tap dash, and if you're aimed at an enemy, you'll boost towards them. Although it won't feel that awesome until we get some kind of motion blur system working. The FOV zooms out though, which kind of gives you a feeling of acceleration.

I'm off to bed.

Today, I made some menus. I also fixed some minor sound problems, (although positional sound as a whole is still borked), along with importing all the new models and animations. The new models were made to be more compatible with varying graphics cards.

As for the menus, the system was made so that I could make different menus really fast - in the screenshot below you can see the three menus. Two of which are sub menus created by the main pause menu on the right of the screen. These can be moved around with the right mouse button.

The system involves each "menu" holding a list of menus itself. So it could go as deep as I want it too. Anyway, if a parent is shutdown, it's "child" menus are as well. The parent won't fully close until it's children has as well.

Originally, the pause menu was just going to have a list of sub menus and that was going to be it. You can see that below.

Of course, this proved to be difficult to work with and I ultimately scrapped it.

Next up I plan on actually completing the upgrade system.  It's gonna be pretty cool.